Obstetrics & Women's Health
Taylor Regional Physicians for Women
In addition to wellness exams, Dr. Catherine Feese, Dr. Steve VanMeter and Denise Simmons, APRN offer a variety of services, including evaluation and/or treatment of:
• Menstrual Problems
• Pelvic Pain
• Menopause Management
• Birth Control/Family Planning
We also provide a number of surgical services including:
• Endometrial Ablation
• Tubal Ligation
• Treatment of Abnormal Pap Smears
Women and infants benefit from expertise in a family-focused environment. We offer two tiers of obstetrical services:
• For low-and medium -risk obstetrical services, OB/GYN physicians are available
• For management of high-risk pregnancies, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, medical geneticists, and neonatologists are available upon referral.
For more information, please visit: www.trhospphysicians4women.com
We are located at 105 Greenbriar Drive, Ste. B. Our office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Additionally, we have office hours in Columbia and Greensburg.
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
3066 Campbellsville Road
To schedule an appointment at any of our two locations, please call 270-465-3568
The Women's Center at Taylor Regional HospitalThe Women's Center at Taylor Regional Hospital is available for women with OB/GYN health care needs. We have four labor/delivery/recovery rooms, ten private rooms, and a Level I Nursery on the unit.
Both Dr. Catherine Feese and Dr. Steve VanMeter are OB/GYN board certified physicians who work with a highly trained staff to provide you with the best care possible. We have two Certified Lactation Counselors and one Certified Lactation Specialist to assist new mothers while in the hospital as well as on an outpatient basis. Our Nursery and OB Nurses are NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) certified; additionally, our OB Nurses are certified in advanced fetal monitoring.
Childbirth classes are offered to all mothers who deliver here at no charge. Childbirth classes are also offered to mothers delivering elsewhere for a charge of $20.00.
Some of the topics include:
• Posture and exercise
• Stages of labor, delivery and recovery
• Comfort measures in labor and birth
• Relaxation techniques
• Cesarean sections and what the patient can do to help
• Infant care in the hospital and at home
• A tour of the hospital
• Car seats and car seat safety
• Bottle feeding and formula
• SIDS precautions
• Preterm labor signs and symptoms
• Fetal Kick counts
• Kangaroo Care (all of our mothers are encouraged to do Kangaroo Care for one hour after delivery if the infant is stable)
Classes run continuously for a period of five weeks with new classes beginning at the end of each five weeks. All classes meet every Tuesday at 6:00pm in the Taylor Regional Hospital Meeting Room behind the Cafeteria.
The birth of a child is a true miracle, and we at Taylor Regional Hospital hope to help you feel more confident about your birthing experience and being a parent. The more learning and planning you do in preparation for your baby's birth will ease your transition. We wish you and your baby a healthy and happy future.