Closings, Cancellations, and Delays
As a result of COVID-19 and in an abundance of caution in order to protect the health and safety of our patients, visitors, employees and medical staff, please note the following changes to normal hospital operations:
• Beginning Monday, March 16th, the Physician Billing Office will not be open for onsite bill pay. Payments may be made over the phone or taken to the hospital switchboard.
• We have temporarily suspended the TRH Hospital Auxiliary service in order to protect the general health and well-being of our volunteers.
• All support groups that meet on the campus of TRH or any of its offices have been temporarily suspended.
• Until further notice, we have suspended all cardiac rehabilitation appointments.
• Outpatient Pharmacy customers may call upon arrival to TRH and a member of the pharmacy staff will bring prescriptions out to their cars.
EFFECTIVE May 15, 2020:
Adult Inpatients at Taylor Regional Hospital
(except those with COVID-19 or those in isolation) may have
ONE (1) DESIGNATED VISITOR in their room during the visiting hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. and during discharge instructions.
All visitors should arrive wearing a mask and will complete a health screening when entering the facility. Those with fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, body aches or respiratory symptoms will not be allowed entry.
Visitors should alert screening staff if they have tested positive or have a pending COVID test.
ER patients will be allowed one (1) designated HEALTHY adult during their visit.
End-of-life patients will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Surgical patients will be allowed one (1) designated HEALTHY adult during surgery and initial recovery.
Pediatric patients will be allowed one (1) designated HEALTHY adult to accompany them.
All visitors in these exception categories will be required to stay in their designated area.
If you have an appointment (provider office visit, rehab services, oncology services, diagnostic imaging, lab work) you must come alone. If you are transported by another person, that person will need to stay in his or her vehicle. Individuals with special needs who require assistance may be accompanied by one healthy adult.
Please note the following exception for mothers receiving OB ultrasounds:
Effective May 19th, mothers are allowed one (1) healthy adult to accompany them for pregnancy (OB) ultrasound exams. Like the patient, those individuals must arrive wearing a mask, and complete a health screening (temperature check and questionnaire) before being cleared to accompany the patient to the exam. Those with fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, body aches or respiratory symptoms will not be allowed entry. Both patients and guests should alert screening staff if they have tested positive for or have a pending COVID test
Any visitor must stay in the patient's room the entire time of the visit; excluding restroom and cafeteria breaks. Once the visitor leaves the patient's room, they must leave the facility.
• Effective Tuesday, March 24th at 5:00 p.m., the TRH Cafeteria will be closed to the general public; open only to patients, their designated visitors and staff.