Closings, Cancellations, and Delays
As a result of COVID-19 and in an abundance of caution in order to protect the health and safety of our patients, visitors, employees and medical staff, please note the following changes to normal hospital operations:
• Beginning Monday, March 16th, the Physician Billing Office will not be open for onsite bill pay. Payments may be made over the phone or taken to the hospital switchboard.
• We have temporarily suspended the TRH Hospital Auxiliary service in order to protect the general health and well-being of our volunteers.
• All support groups that meet on the campus of TRH or any of its offices have been temporarily suspended.
• Until further notice, Taylor Regional Pediatrics will be utilizing the back doors for patient entry. Patients will call as they arrive and then will be instructed as to when to enter the building and will be taken directly to the exam room. Well visits will be scheduled only in the morning; sick visits only in the afternoon. Sick children will be scheduled every 30 minutes to allow as few people as possible in the building. If a well visit develops symptoms of sickness, they will be asked to return during sick visit hours. Neither the waiting areas nor the front desk will be used by patients. Please observe the one person per patient rule. All others are asked not to come or remain in the vehicle.
• Until further notice, we have suspended all cardiac rehabilitation appointments.
• Until further notice, we have suspended all appointments and procedures at The Vein Center.
• The Walk-In Clinic at Taylor Regional Hospital is pleased to offer the extended hours of 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Clinic is open regular hours on Saturday and Sunday (10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
• Taylor Regional Internal Medicine Associates: Effective Tuesday, March 17th, patients of Dennis Wooley, DNP and Dr. Griffin Tucker will enter through the front IMA entrance. When you park, call the front desk to check in. When your room is available, the medical assistant will call your phone and meet you at the door to assist you to the room. Patients of Dr. David Montgomery, Dr. Tom Rogers and Kelli Nunn, APRN will park in the back and use the rear entrance. Follow same protocol of calling upon arrival; doors will be marked. If you prefer to use the waiting room, please check in at the front desk as usual and try to sit at least 6 feet apart from other patients. We ask that you bring no more than one family member or caretaker per patient.
• Outpatient Laboratory Services will only be open Monday through Friday 6:00am to 6:00pm, Closed Saturday and Sunday.
• Outpatient Pharmacy customers may call upon arrival to TRH and a member of the pharmacy staff will bring prescriptions out to their cars.
• Effective Tuesday, March 17th and until further notice, Taylor Regional Surgical Associates, Taylor Regional Physicians for Women, and Taylor Regional ENT will not be seeing patients at the Giles Clinic in Columbia. If you are a patient who is seen in this clinic, please call your provider's Campbellsville office.
Those numbers are as follows:
• In accordance with direction from the Office of the Governor, effective at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 18th, we will no longer be performing elective surgical procedures. We will continue to perform both urgent and emergent surgical procedures during this time.
If you had an elective surgical procedure scheduled on or after March 19th, your provider's office will contact you with information on rescheduling your procedure.
• Effective immediately, please be advised of the following changes at The Wound Healing Center. Patients who are able to maintain care at home will not be seen in the office. They will be assisted by telehealth and the provider and nursing staff will be available by phone.
Routine and new patients who are unable to be cared for at home will be seen per normal protocol.
• Until further notice, Taylor Regional Urology and Taylor Regional ENT will not be seeing patients in our Lebanon location.
Taylor Regional Urology: If you have an appointment in our Lebanon office this Friday, March 20th, we will be seeing you in our Campbellsville office instead. Our office staff is reaching out to affected patients by phone, currently.
Taylor Regional ENT: If you have an appointment in our Lebanon Office, you will be contacted by office staff and be offered the opportunity to be seen at the same time in our Campbellsville office OR be rescheduled.
If you have questions, the office numbers are as follows:
Taylor Regional Urology: 270.789.2445
Taylor Regional ENT: 270.465.3595
EFFECTIVE MARCH 20, 2020: Hospital-wide visiting hours will be from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. The following guidelines must be observed:
• No more than 1 visitor per patient - IMMEDIATE FAMILY ONLY
• No visitors under the age of 18 OR age 70 or older
• Overnight stays will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis
Exceptions will be made for certain situations such as in end-of-life or hospice care situations; mother in labor; patients with cognitive, physical, or mental disability requiring help with the provision of medical care or activities; and other situations on a case by case basis.
• As part of Taylor Regional Hospital’s plan for prevention and containment of the COVID-19 virus, drastic measures are having to be implemented for the wellbeing of our patients and staff. We understand, and regret the impact this entire event is having on all aspects of our communities. We are taking all necessary steps to help prevent and contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus during this time. As a result all outpatient Radiology and Laboratory services at the TRH Specialty Physicians & Diagnostic Center in Columbia will be temporarily closed.
All Radiology and Laboratory services are still being offered at Taylor Regional Hospital.
Taylor Regional Hospital Outpatient Laboratory Services: are open Monday through Friday 6:00am to 6:00pm EST. The Outpatient Laboratory will not be open Saturday or Sunday.
Taylor Regional Hospital Outpatient Radiology Services: are open 24 hours a day. 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST. You may enter through the hospital’s main entrance. After 5:00 p.m. EST you may enter through the hospital’s emergency room entrance.
Effective Date: This closure will be in effect from March 23, 2020 and will remain in effect until further notice.
• Effective Tuesday, March 24th at 5:00 p.m., the TRH Cafeteria will be closed to the general public; open only to patients and staff.