Robotic Surgery with the daVinci Xi™ Surgical SystemThe daVinci surgical system helps enable your surgeon to perform minimally-invasive surgery with an advanced set of instruments and a 3D high-definition view of the surgical area. Minimally invasive surgery with daVinci is widely used in general surgery, urology and gynecology procedures.
The daVinci surgical system gives your surgeon an advanced set of instruments to use in performing robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery. The term "robotic" often misleads people. Robots don't perform surgery. Your surgeon performs surgery with daVinci by using instruments that he or she guides via a console.
The daVinci system translates your surgeon's hand movements at the console in real time, bending and rotating the instruments while performing the procedure. The tiny wristed instruments move like a human hand, but with a greater range of motion. The daVinci vision system also delivers highly magnified, 3D high-definition views of the surgical area. The instrument size makes it possible for surgeons to operate through one or a few small incisions.
We are pleased to offer a broad range of robotic-assisted surgical procedures with the daVinci Xi Surgical System in the areas of general surgery and urology. This list is not exclusive; if you have questions regarding whether or not robotic surgery is appropriate for your general surgical or urologic procedure, our providers will be happy to meet with you and discuss the best treatment plan for your issue.
• Nissen fundoplication and hiatus hernia repair for GERD
• Repair of paraesophageal hernias
• Gallbladder (Cholecystectomy)
• Inguinal hernia repair
• Abdominal hernia repair Including complex hernias and reconstruction of abdominal wall
• Colon resections for cancer and diverticular disease
• Robotic assisted laparoscopic radical nephrectomy for kidney cancer or nonfunctional kidneys
• Robotic assisted laparoscopic partial nephrectomy for removal of small kidney cancer
• Robotic assisted laparoscopic nephroureterectomy for removal of urothelial cancer
• Robotic assisted laparoscopic pyeloplasty for the treatment of ureteropelvic junction obstruction
• Robotic assisted laparoscopic ureteral reconstruction for the treatment of ureteral strictures
• Robotic assisted laparoscopic partial or total adrenalectomy for adrenal gland cancer or disorders
da Vinci Surgical Patient Website
Learn how it all works and hear from patients who have chosen da Vinci surgery. You can also find detailed, procedure-specific information on our website designed specifically for patients. Click here to visit the da Vinci Surgical Patient Site